On Thursday, June 30, 2022, a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation between the Institute for Political and International Studies (IPIS), affiliated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS), Addis Ababa University, Federal Republic of Ethiopia, was signed by Lettie Tembo Longwe, Interim Director/Head of Tana Forum Secretariat (IPSS), and Mohammad Hasan Sheikholeslami, President of the Institute for Political and International Studies (IPIS) Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.t
In this MOU, both parties agreed on enhancing mutual understanding and friendship between them through the promotion of responsive, cooperative, and collaborative institutional relations such as:
- Promotion and support for activities that improve understanding and relations between Iran, Ethiopia, and other agreed-upon African communities;
- Promotion and support for the exchange of visits by eminent people in the fields of diplomacy, culture, economy and trade, education, research, international relations, social sciences, communication, and the media;
- co-sponsoring of bilateral seminars, symposiums, and panel discussions/consultations on regional and global issues of mutual interest;
- arranging youth meetings with renowned experts in international affairs;
- Inviting guest lectures by international experts at universities in Iran and Ethiopia.