The IPSS family is pleased with the well-deserved appointment of its founder, longtime staff member, and Director, Dr. Yonas Adaye as one of the Commissioners for the recently established Ethiopian National Dialogue Commission.
Dr. Adaye has, over the years, been able to achieve credibility with the kind of work ethics and leadership he has demonstrated. To mention a few of his accomplishments:
- Supervised over 50 local and 5 international MA students in the broad areas of Global, Peace, and Security Studies;
- Trained Young Ethiopian Diplomats since 2001 collaborating with the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Keynote speaker on the theme “Global Solidarity Against All Forms of Systematic Discrimination, Exclusion and Phobia, Training, Managing Peace and Security in Africa in collaboration with the African Union and GIZ since 2010”;
- Contributed to different local and international media (such as: BBC Focus on Africa, CGTN, DW, Addis TV, EBC, ENA, OBN, WALTA, Ethiopian Herald (public), and Maleda (private) newspapers) since 2015;
- Think Tank for Peace (Member, Ethiopian Ministry of Peace since 2018);
- Foreign Policy Review Team (Member, Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2018);
- Council on Foreign Relations (Member, Minister of Foreign Affairs, since July 2019).
As a result, IPSS is proud and confident that Dr. Adaye’s appointment as a Commissioner on the Commission will significantly contribute to its success. IPSS and its staff wish him the best of luck in his new role as Commissioner.