Tana Forum 2013 (2nd Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa)
Theme: State Fragility and the Prospects for Peace in Africa (20 – 21 April 2013)
Tana 2013 Programme
Below is the full programme of Tana 2013 (2nd Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa, State Fragility and the Prospects for Peace in Africa. Click download PDF to launch the full programme.
Tana 2013 in the Media
Below are links to stories in the media that appeared in the run-up to, during, and after Tana 2013. Click below to access the links to the media stories.
Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA): https://www.pinterest.com/mfaethiopia/the-2013-tana-high-level-forum-on-security-in-afri/
Amhara Mass Media Agency: http://www.amma.gov.et/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=169%3Atana-high-level-forum-on-security-in-africa-will-be-started-next-weekend&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=127&lang=en
Tana 2013 Discussion Papers
Organised Crime and Security in Africa
The discussion paper articulates that the underlining concern during instability and conflict on the continent is the space they create for organized crimes, including but not limited to, human trafficking, trade of illegal drugs, weapons’ sales, sexual slavery, organ harvesting, piracy, and illegal natural resource mining.
Tana 2013 Speeches
- Annexture to President Thabo Mbeki’s Keynote Address at the 2nd Session of the Tana High- Level Forum, on “Security and Organised Crime in Africa”
- Statement by Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, President of the Federal Government of Somalia
- Speech by Omar Al-Bashir, President of the Republic of Sudan
- Welcome Address by Olusegun Obasanjo, Chairperson of the Tana Forum
- Opening Remarks by Hailemariam Desalegn, Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE)